Saturday, October 31, 2009

A new way?


I'm no Einstein, nor do I consider myself creative or 'smart'...but I wanted a more effective way to clean my hair- moreso my scalp while in braids without having to immerse my entire head in water.
.
The last time I wore braids, I got the idea to use the color applicator bottle to apply conditioner directly to my scalp and then I would lather with my fingers...well this time around, I decided to incorporate a toothbrush (soft bristle) in my arsenal of cleaning tools while I'm braided up.
.
Same as before: the color applicator bottle holds diluted conditioner which is squirted on scalp, then toothbrush 'scrubs' scalp working a nice lather..all this time my hair is in a loose ponytail (shown in picture below). Then I rinse bottle out, pouring leftover conditioner in the spray bottle and filling applicator bottle with clean water and then I commence squirting again to rinse scalp. I'm not too upset if some of my hair gets wet...its inevitable but having it 'kinda' wet and having it sopping wet are two completely different scenarios. I'll take the former over the latter anyday...especially being in Canada when I don't have the warm air to dry quickly.

note: I'll use the leftovers in the spray bottle later this week when I want to 'spritz' my hair...

The only thing I found there were some areas where my 'rinsing' wasn't done completely and this will add buildup around the root of the braid..so you want to be careful about that...maybe dilute conditioner even more? Mine was kinda thick.

I don't have to worry about actually washing my 'hair' because I'm not afraid of buildup since I'm only using water, Greg Juice by Oyin Handmade and/or Hairveda butter which are all natural (made from natural products) and so my hair should be fine until I decide to actually wash the entire thing!

enjoy the rest of the weekend!

smooches

1 comment:

  1. Clever girl you are! I never thought to do this. What a great idea. I'm going to try this next time I wear twists. If this works I'll be able to keep them in longer. =)

    ReplyDelete