Sunday, October 25, 2009

Not quite done with shopping!

So remember how I mentioned that I didn't do as well on my previous two assignments...well apparently, I was missing the holy grail of research papers/journal writeups and its this blue book! It's not always been blue...I had one (or shared one with my roomie) when I did this grad school thing 5+ years ago and it was black and not quite as important then as it is now...You see I'm in an APA/CPA (American/Canadian Psychological Association) approved program thus the APA manual is way more useful now... makes sense right? Not sure why I didn't purchase it from the beginning of the semester...

This little bad boy...my new backpack. I searched long and hard for the perfect backpack and although I haven't seen it yet (in real life)- I know I'll be happy. It's a long story behind this purchase but lets just say- I happened to use a backpack this past week and ended up with no shoulder/back pains after walking from school. All along, I've been using regular one shoulder totes to carry my books and have been plagued with body aches. So this is my new "padded straps, multi-compartment with organizer and mesh side pockets for water" backpack that cost a whopping $10 ($20.50 with shipping). Original price- $82!

my boots!!!!!!!! yea, I was like..poo-poo on payless after I started browsing ebay and saw the great selection for much cheaper. Now these probably aren't as functional as the payless pair but they are UBER cute and reasonable ($25 +$8 shipping) so I can live with this. I don't anticipate there being a lot of snow before I leave on the 17th for Christmas break considering the roughest part of winter is usually in January so I'm thinking I should be fine. I will be on the lookout during my travels over the breaks for another pair of boots--one that's more functional (and hopefully just as cute) that withstand walking in slush and ice. I expect it will cost way more cause I'll need real leather, waterproof with some kind of threading/grips on the bottom and I'm hoping that if I wait for after-Christmas I may be able to catch a good sale...If I'm even more lucky, the sidewalks will all be cleared and salted whenever I have to walk to and from school! I do crack myself up..but what's life without some crazy faith!
.
For good measure, I did throw in one pair of the jeans from Forever 21 that I mentioned in the last post...I only got one since the book took the money I had for the 2nd pair.
All this occurred this late last night and this morning...fun times right?
.
Happy Sunday!
smooches


1 comment:

  1. I'm getting pretty familiar with the APA manual right now too :)

    ReplyDelete