Sunday, October 4, 2009

DIY project

so its Sunday morning and I'm procrastinating hard!

I've got a small essay to write which is due on Wed and I've got another 30 essays to mark and score also due on Wed..although my personal goal is to complete those today to consult with prof on some plagiarism issues. ugh. yup, I'm the big bad GA. I already spent like 5 hrs on the first 30 essays and seriously just tired of it!

so I'm on the net doing everything except what I should be doing. This includes researching bus routes for Ft Lauderdale since I have a 5hr layover there on Thursday when I travel to go home (whoohooo). I also was able to catch up on some of my favorite blogs...I'm seriously blog addicted...sad. As I'm aimlessly looking through random folders on my laptop, I realized that I really do have a project that I can begin working on in these moments of "not wanting to do school work"!

a very good friend's wedding is in November and I'm returning the favor of being her day-of-coordinator as she was for my wedding last year. Now she is one of those brides who has a varied selection of family and friends who are willing to use their professions/talents as gifts so she literally doesn't need anything major- photographer, cake, dress, decor/flowers, reception site, food, transportation...check check and check!!! good for her right! yup!

so we decided to focus on details and give the basics some 'oomph'. I volunteered to make a monogrammed cake topper. something similar to this...


Now this sounded great when I offered almost 3 months ago but now that I'm car-less and I haven't seen any craft stores within walking distance, this project is seemingly too much...but I refuse to let her down.

so that's what I'm gonna do today- figure out how to work this problem out. luckily for me, I have awesome friends who have done this before so I'll probably be hollering at them for some help!

here she is with me, this is the only picture I have with her...she did an awesome job and was so focused even though she had spent the night with a sick baby!

and here she is getting handsome ready...although this facial expression isn't doing much for his 'handsome-ness'! lol

Enjoy your Sunday
smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment