Saturday, August 15, 2009

Summer cleaning!

Words cannot explain this MESS...in our spare room

but I will try to explain the mess so ya'll don't think I'm a natural slob. In fact, my husband often likens me to the USA character Adrian Monk because I tend to be obsessive about many things including cleanliness. The first pic shows my husbands work of art...his clothes: shirts, pants and ties (not sure if they are clean or dirty/whether they fit or need to give away) but they are all over the floor. The closet with our bags/unused stuff kinda got out of control over the past year as I never really go there to 'organize'. and finally my books, just kinda shrewn in their lil corner. :sigh: BIG MESS

2nd pic...is all me. My suitcases to start packing and the winter clothes that I took down to put in those suitcases. You can also see my lovely ab-roller. love this thing. and actually this room is my exercise haven. the fan is sitting in the middle of the floor because my stationary bike is usually there...along the other wall (not shown) are my free weights. ;)

AFTER about 3 hours with my IPod...

What you can't see:

1. the alphabetized DVD collection in the large container

2. winter clothes packed in the suitcase, weighed (to ensure its under 50 lbs) and ready to goooo

3. 'extra' stuff including books, clothes and other random things put in various bags for donations

4. (2nd pic) shoes and clothes put in a place that won't make the room look junky

5. the 2 large suitcases along the wall: one will be taken with me and already is packed. only waiting to launder linens before that bag is complete. the other bag will stay here in my mother-in-law's house with 'stuff' that we don't need to carry but aren't throwing away/donating.

so that was my Saturday. I'm off to wash out my deep conditioner...what did you do today?

Enjoy the rest of the weekend....smooches!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I'm ashamed now! Or maybe inspired? I am not obsessive about cleanliness. I wish that I were. I'm not a slob either, but sometimes I wonder. I really wonder. I wouldn't dare to post BEFORE pics. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no need to be ashamed...I prefer to inspire. lol. and honestly IF we weren't moving, I'm sure the room would (unfortunately) look the way it did in a couple months!

    ReplyDelete