Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bad Hair Day...

So I gave flat twists another try. Not sure why, but I wanted something different to do with my hair today and I didn't feel like washing and dealing with soaking wet hair in the morning. So after reading another blog and participating in a online discussion where flat twists came into discussion both times...I decided to revisit this style.

Here is how it looked last night:
I wet my hair lightly. Went in shower and allowed slow water stream to run, primarily wetting ends so that I could detangle and comb my hair without pulling any hair out. I was careful to not get the hair soaked because I knew it wouldn't dry by the morning. I used Shea Moisture Shea Butter leave-in, applied to my entire hair and divided into sections for the twisting...

Here is what I ended up with this morning. I was like ehhh. It wasn't bad but it wasn't quite what I wanted. Granted, there were some areas that had awesome definition and I WILL be trying this again in another couple months but I think between my length and the humidity, my hair quickly lost a lot of the definition and just puffed up in little pods. I tried to do a lil something with it and called it a day.

I kinda wish I didn't pull it back- but I needed to tame it a bit for the office. With me joining the world of being a full-time student, now I can rock more of the un-tamed styles...

My husband DID NOT LIKE IT! He literally exclaimed "Your hair looks stink!" (another Bahamian colloquialism which should be pretty self-explanatory). I guess this natural journey has really strengthened my backbone because a year ago a comment like that from someone, especially the love of my life, I would have burst into tears but I shrugged it off, looked in the mirror to make sure I was ok with what I saw, then packed my bag to leave for my last day at work.
btw: He did call me later to apologize for being so harsh.

I'm sure it could have been worse....:shrugs:
smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment