Saturday, August 22, 2009

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow


Last night, I attended a get-together hosted by my Pastors (pictured above) at Hard Rock Cafe to say "see you later".
I recently became a part of a new ministry birthed from an already existing ministry in Lakeland, FL. This lovely couple is not only my spiritual leaders but also friends and the parents of our (Dayton and I) beautiful and feisty god-daughter, Micah. I respect, look up to and love them a whole bunch. I love their vision for our church and I cannot wait to see how the ministry develops over the years. I try to avoid using the term 'church' because for me its so...so...hmmm used. Its taken for granted. Yes, we, the people, are the church, but when I refer to church I sadly think of a building, so I prefer to refer to TLC as a ministry...which is simply: us [the members] coming together to support, uplift and encourage each other while being used by God to glorify His name and fulfill His purpose for our lives (corporately and individually) daily!
So last night, we ate, laughed, poked fun, sung and even danced with the Karaoke at Hard Rock Cafe and had ourselves a blast! Here is Miss Micah. She's brilliant, adorable and a dancer. A two-year-old after my own heart. Here she is posing for the camera because we just put on our lip gloss and was officially ready to begin our night!



so my first of a couple 'goodbye' dates. I'm looking forward to spending time with special people in my life although its kinda sad since I'll be leaving for lil while.

smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment