Tuesday, August 25, 2009

She's beauty and she's grace...


she's Miss Universe!!!!!

so the picture quality sucks but that's a whole 'nother story. When randomly discussing the pageant, before I even knew I was going, I was told (false assumption) that guests wouldn't be able to take their cameras inside so I left mine in the car only to discover that we (audience) were actually encouraged to take pictures, make noise, etc... oh well!

So in a fit of desperation - I can't go to Miss Universe and not have pictures to show off...I took these with my crappy Motorola SLVR...yea. no zoom. no flash. just hold my hand really really steady and take pictures.

The most exciting part of all this wasn't the dressing up, nor being at a live show..but the fact that we were in Section 3, to the right (and only 5 rows) behind the BIG DON! yup. I could see that famous toupee from where I sat, without even stretching my neck. :giggle: OK. so I could also see the runway and everything that went on also! There were a couple times the camera turned our direction and I pretended to be thoroughly enjoying myself (big smile plastered on my face) as I sat upright to stand out in the crowd...but according to my hubby (who sat home and watched looking for his wife), I apparently never made it on t.v.! All great fun though!


So here I am...before the event as I modeled for my hubby...he has to make sure I'm 'fixed' before I leave the house. lol. Because it was last minute, I kept the braids I started on Sunday and used a spray bottle with water to wet it so that I could have more definition. Well that didn't work, even after being under the dryer for 15mins, my hair was soaked and it was 5:15pm. I needed to be ready for 5:45-6:00pm. So I jumped in shower, cowashed and then left the conditioner (Herbal Essences Hello Hydration) in my hair. I scrunched dry with a towel, tied head band and was ready to goooooooooooooooooo.



smooches!

3 comments: