Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Throwback Tuesdays

my mother and I circa 1983


so I went wayyyyyyyyy back. :)

I've been M.I.A. partly because my computer was being upgraded (insert Beyonce's "Let me upgrade you" here) and then when I got it back, I've been crazy distracted just trying to get ready for school.

As I was putting my files back on the hard drive I stumbled over this pic and couldn't stop smiling. If only a Smurfs lunch tin and a uniform was all I needed to be 'ready' for this stage of my academic career!

On a great note: I got an awesome financial gift from a church that I volunteered counseling services to; the check was the exact amount of the cost of books for this semester....PRAISE GOD!

so my books are purchased and I'm feeling more and more loose ends have been tied.

We've got 3 full bags packed- to capacity- and I'm beginning laundry of the last bit of clothes.

The vehicle is fully cleaned/detailed and although there will be a delay in sale (my parents need to use it while their car gets repaired)- I'm feeling better about getting the full amount for it because now there's time to fix a minor problem on it.

So that's me - ready for school... no lunch tin but an awesome leather bag with my name engraved on it. A very cool and unexpected gift from my coworkers.

not quite but very similar to this in two shades of brown:

smooches!



4 comments:

  1. Gia, you were the cutest most adorable child ever!!! What were you 2 with a lunchbox? Congrats again on your gift!!! You truly deserve it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gia you were such a cute little girl and now beautiful woman. Thanks for sharing.

    I'm so going to miss you(as if i'm right there - LOL!)And I hope you continue to blog when you can. Now I need to ponder on a reason for me to visit Canada. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey so were did u fine this photo? It bring back so very good memory. Make sure & secure them for your CHILDREN to see. May GOD continue to BLESS U.

    ReplyDelete