Saturday, September 19, 2009

Itchy Scalp?

What's more annoying right????

My scalp is flaking! ugh. From since I cut my hair in Jan, I haven't had to worry about dry scalp because of the increase in washing and all the oils/products I would put on my hair...however, the air here is much dryer than my beloved humid air of the islands and in under a month, I've got a new issue to address...


Background: Before educating myself on all things hair- I lived by grease because I've always struggled with dry scalp, however, it was usually manageable only really flaring up after a relaxer so I haven't really had to deal with finding a substitute since leaving the creamy crack . I used a light "grease" by KeraCare that made my scalp tingle (loved it) but after using all, I never re-ordered because of the mineral oil...



now my dilemma is even intensified because even after doing research and finding an alternative product (which I haven't done yet), I have 1. no transportation to hunt it down and 2. I require international shipping which is usually in excess of $10 added to a bill, so if I purchased something more natural online, I'll probably be spending an arm and a leg! I'm thinking I'll start with accessible oils...maybe something like coconut oil that usually worked well with my hair (not too heavy) and apply to my scalp a couple times per week...

any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment