Wednesday, September 16, 2009

getting in gear...





So today marks exactly a week since classes began... and although life has gotten better, its still fairly quick paced and sometimes I'm just all over the place which does nothing to help my sense of getting 'settled'. i.e. randomly encountering headaches throughout the past couple days. I seriously do need to find some relaxation techniques...short and easy so that I don't have to take too much time from reading to do it! any thoughts?


My first unofficial assignment (not class related)... is a scholarship application that's due next Wed. As with most applications, this one requires quite a bit of stuff, including describing a research study proposal that I plan to conduct in the 2010-2011 school year in a concise essay format. Easy right? WRONG. Prior to this week, I have not given much thought to personal research mainly because I wanted to get reaquainted with the principles of research and statistics first. oh well. This is definitely one of those times where my calendar is certainly clashing with the real world's....
Wednesdays at 7pm also marks the beginning of my not-fun-because-i'm-not-allowed-a-social-life long weekend. I don't have class again until Tuesday. Although I'm sure most Wednesday's I'll be in a vegetative state after sitting through classes from 9am - 7pm with only 2.5 hrs break in between. Today in actuality, wasn't that bad and I actualy had a half hour meeting that took away from my 'break'.
The rest of my battles...I've laid to rest. I've gotten over the fact that we don't have a license -insurance-car and won't have any of those elements in place before Friday morning when we turn in the very expensive rental car. So I'll get my heart pumping and blood flowing with a nice brisk walk to and from campus (and anywhere else I need to go). I even had my first test-run on Tuesday. I clocked it in exactly 25mins, however my pace wasn't consistent considering half way through because I started to break a sweat (and that's not cute) and my ankles started hurting (which they normally do when I wear flip flops and do a lot of walking). I anticipate the side effects of walking will be greater since I didn't have any books on my shoulder during this walk...based on classes thus far, I need anywhere from 2 books per class session! So my number one priority right now is to secure myself some good walking shoes...comfort being key. I don't care if they are bright yellow but they need to support me as I walk and not give me blisters etc.
how about these?



NOT.

tommorrow we'll go shopping just because its my last opportunity for a little while and I'll stock up on groceries and hopefully find a pair of sneakers. Of course, since it seems Fall temps are creeping in, I will have to throw in at least one cute scarf and maybe a sweater...
Overall, I really am feeling more positive and mentally in gear to handle this semester now that I know all that is expected from me! Well....I'm out-hopefully I'll get a neck rub from the hubby while I eat dinner.
smooches!


1 comment:

  1. I like the bright yellow shoes Gia. That could be the 80's baby coming out in me.

    ReplyDelete