Saturday, September 5, 2009

guess who's back???

picture: Ambassador Bridge which links USA (Detroit) to Canada (Windsor).

ok...so I'm here in Canada with hubster and we are safe and sound.

Yesterday was ROUGH. I just wanted to pack up and turn around and head home. I'm not sure what happened but the denial phase was over and the reality of the situation hit me like a ton of bricks...I fought through. literally fought back tears (hidden from hubby) and just practiced with breathing exercises to try and remain calm and collect.

Today was a much better day and although I'm still feeling "lost" at least I don't feel like I don't belong here. All of my planning paid off and we are up and fully running. No problems with getting anything (utilities) set up and I even have my first bill!


btw: what kinda place is this where I have moved...I had to pull out a sweater today. in September...are you kidding me? LOL. yea I know...its only gonna get worse from here!

smooches!

6 comments:

  1. That's good ol Canada for ya. Wait till winter arrives! Glad the move went smoothly. You will get acclimated in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope I do. I'm definitely a tropical weather kinda girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The key to fighting cold weather is layering. It will become your friend. Enjoy your new adventure. Glad you arrived safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it! LOL @ the cold in September. I'm not used to that either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home!! You know good and well you're not worried about the cold weather...j/k! I know your looking forward to wearing a pair of those fabulous boots you own. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Shaz...I can't wait to buy boots!!!!! I'm been drooling over the opportunity to rock a pair of Uggs. lol
    @ Nika..yea I remember layering. it is the only way to go in cold weather especially considering every office/store/classroom/house will have heat on full blast!
    thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete