Thursday, September 10, 2009

I wanna scream!




Life is still helter-skelter in this part of town. The nice thing is the stress isn't school-work related but just getting acquainted to the various aspects of being a graduate student on this campus which just means that once this phase is past, the 'stress' should go to normal. But right now, there are/were orientations and meetings for everything and it seriously has my head swinging.

I know myself and I realize the problem doesn't lie solely in the demands of this week (which will probably flow into next week) but the fact that I don't have enough time and/or energy to adequately organize myself; because in the midst of all the meetings and orientations I'm participating in- are the readings and assignments for class next week that I need to be working on!

And if that isn't enough...I am caught in the midst of a strike! the workers who hold the power to issue/renew drivers' license for drivers in Ontario are on strike. I will never underestimate anyone's role ever again. This little problem has created a huge dilemma for me....We've found a couple reasonable car options which we put offers for and then realize that we need insurance (duh). Then we call the insurance companies and realize we need an Ontario license in order to be insured no. other.options. And no one...and I mean no one has any clue as to when this strike/unrest will be resolved. the last strike occurring in this little city went on to more than 6 weeks...

Where does this leave us? well we are currently in a rental which we just found out will cost us in excess of $500 for this one week and so we can't extend for the next week as we planned because 2 weeks in a rental (a basic Chevy cobalt-v4 engine-no power nothing) will be more than $1k. you've got to be kidding right? nope. dead serious.


The bus doesn't run across my street so I've got to get real acquainted with walking. NOW. the worst part is that I still have to go to school daily for the next week for these same meetings and stuff because normally- I only have to be on campus 3 times a week. I'm more than frustrated now. like seriously...walking is a good 15-20mins and my books are ridiculously heavy. Did I mention I have 2-3 books for each class????????


Can someone please pay those wonderful workers at the driving center so they can process my application, give me an appointment and let me be on my way...After having to wait on them to get back to work- I don't even have the energy to complain about how this silly system is set up and the possibility that I will have to not only take a driving test (yup..think 16years old again) but I will also possibly only be eligible for a provisional drivers license which comes with its own set of limitations.

I need a padded room about 5 x 5 which I can just pummel into the walls and scream without disturbing anyone.

In my state of discouragement, I'm seriously trying to be hopeful...which ended just now when I got off the phone from the insurance company with a tentative quote of $2500.00 for car insurance. I didn't even pay that much when I was a first time driver in my teens with my first car.


I seriously just need to bang my head....

I'm out.

2 comments:

  1. Wooossssaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!! I am so sorry for all this frustration and the $1K rental? You know it will all work out right? I know you know that. LOL @ 5x5 padded room. It's your sense of humor that will get you through :)

    ReplyDelete