Monday, July 20, 2009

Why another blog?

I kinda don't know where or how to exactly begin this "blog"... this particular blog is a continuation of sorts of an online journal I kept on www.brownandbridal.com where I’ve found an online sisterhood. I’ll tell you more about BAB later. So when I started it was really just to organize my thoughts and preparations for me beginning my doctoral program this fall. I didn’t intend to actually write an entry every week…which is what ended up happening and sometimes more than once per week. In the last month, I realized that I found this process cathartic and should probably just “do my own thing” so I have the option to continue until I get tired of typing. I wavered back and forth with this but decided to just give it a try!

There have been a couple themes being reinforced in my life, especially this year: purpose and passion. An important aspect of living is living to the fullness, i.e. fulfilling my God-given purpose and the only way to do that, in light of adversity, financial stress, family acting out, “closed doors” and the like…is to be passion-filled. It’s that passion that helps you to bounce up after you are told you are making a big mistake by someone who you care about but who just doesn’t understand or share your vision. It’s that passion that motivates you to submit the application even though you were told you aren’t qualified. It’s that passion that encourages you to hold fast to dreams even when you are awake and life is being a monster!

That’s the passion that I embody: in my life and in loving. It just somehow makes living more interesting, i.e. an emotional rollercoaster but nonetheless worthwhile.

So in addition to me being purpose driven and passion filled in how I view life, I embrace my randomness. Sometimes it sparks creativity, most times it results in giggles and every time (when I choose to share), it garners funny looks. But that’s me…

No comments:

Post a Comment