Monday, July 20, 2009

Hair accessories

The one thing you will learn about me is that I’m obsessive. Like seriously, if I get an idea, I don’t sleep until I go as far as I can with what I have…

On Friday, I stumbled upon this…

from CurlyNikki and decided that I want this. Of course, the chances I find it (or anything similar) here in the Bahamas is slim and if I do find, I’ll probably pay in excess of $20 (US currency). The other option would be to purchase online and pay shipping and additional charges -customs duty- once its shipped here in the Bahamas. Of course, both options are unacceptable since I want a stationary exercise bike, vehicle and a MAC laptop in September once I move for school (in no particular order).

So on to the point, I decided to try and make my own. STOP. That’s a lie. I went out and got the supplies to drop to my mother for her to make..but since it was a Friday and traffic was ridiculous, I sat home and tapped my feet, literally near trembling because I HAD to see the results before I went to sleep. My husband only shakes his head when I get like this because its now Monday and I have yet to find an opportunity to wear either of the pieces I made but I swear I would have died if it wasn’t done on Friday.

So to abort a crisis- I got my sewing kit, which my mom bought for me a month before the wedding…and got to stitching.

Here are the results:

2 comments: