Monday, July 20, 2009

productive or not...

So my days are just starting to melt into each other especially now that time is winding and all I'm focused on is the money getting sorted out. today is *supposed* to be the day when I find out if I was selected for an external scholarship that I applied for...but the names were supposed to be posted from 2 weeks ago so who knows if the knots in my stomach today will be for a reason :shrugs: Heard from landlord, who HAS NOT yet received the lease agreement and deposit even though it was sent like 2 weeks ago. :another round of knots in my tummy: their (landlords) sweet e-mail was to remind me that their impending time to leave is quickly approaching and of course, the deal was to have that set and in their hands before they leave! :deep sigh:

other issue: I'm yo-yo'ing between flying Air Canada and going directly into the city where the school is OR flying into the US and driving over. Driving over is about $250 cheaper but if you followed my ramblings previously, you'll remember that there was some hassle at the border control. my issue with this, is not to avoid hassle, because there will be that regardless...[sidenote: I mean, its their job...during training to be immigration/custom officers- I’m almost sure that they are encouraged to be menacing and scary looking :giggle:] but my real issue is that the airport offers more sophisticated electronic devices which can possibly move the harassment faster. my bags would, no doubt, have to go through the lil TSA xray/screener thingy and so it *should* avoid having to actually have another person go through it again once we arrive. In addition, we would have walked through at LEAST 2 of those scanner thingies ourselves so that should decrease the amount of further "screening" we would need when we land...right???? :fingers crossed: another thing is transportation...its definitely more convenient to rent a vehicle in Canada than US..given that hubby will be there for an entire 4 weeks and if there are any problems or changes we don't have to actually get our passport/legal docs to get that done! I guess I worked through my pros and cons huh? yea. ok. we'll fly directly into Canada. So I was advised to try and get the internet/phone stuff set up also so I can get a confirmed date ahead of the 'move in rush'. so yes, I'm listening and trying to work on that too! now onto more pressing issues. getting my car ready for sale! yikes. so many small things that I ignored that I'm now really just trying to deal with. nothing major but if I sell as is, I can probably lose out on a good $1,500 because of these 'issues' which probably will only cost me about $500 to fix! so we just had an oil change/service. got the door hinge fixed so it can stop the pesky leaking (during heavy rain) and now about to replace the fuel pump...which is suggested to be replaced every 70,000 miles and since my car is now clocking 85k - its overdue. :) but I'm a girl and once it doesn't emit exhaust or randomly stop or don't start...I'm happy with life. oh..yea, it NEEDS to give off cool air too! :giggle: and since none of the above were ever an issue with my beloved Blue Flame..then I never really did much other than keeping up with regular oil changes and brakes/tires when necessary. so that's me. a little on edge. nothing as I probably will be next month this time...but yea. its beginning to look very real now..

1 comment: