Wednesday, July 22, 2009

stalking...

In April of this year, decisions were sent out by all major universities regarding acceptance (or not) into various programs around the US and Canada. Of course, I was one of those anxious applicants that sat at the edge of my seat, literally checking my e-mail (hourly) and mail box (daily) to ensure there was no new information.

Well, three of the four schools kept me updated with the process (1 -yay; 2 - boo). My bargaining point was my special 'circumstances' living out of country and the delay of our mailing system (I literally got my one acceptance letter almost 3 weeks after it was mailed). The irony of this one school, who didn't respond in a timely manner, it was my first choice...for multiple reasons including: there were professors whose research areas were almost exactly what I wanted to do and it was in Kansas and my father-in-law and his wife lived less than 2 hrs away. So I really really really wanted to get a "yes" from this school! Thus I became a stalker, in every sense of the word...I sent e-mails, called, left voice messages, had other people calling...just trying to find out if I got accepted! Let me give more background...as I mentioned at this point, I had already heard from other programs and the one that offered me admissions was waiting, impatiently, for my response on or before April 15th..I wasn't going to be stupid and decline a sure thing without even hearing a blip from this program! All -in-all...somewhere around the last week in April ..yup, it took that long, I got the lame decline letter.

Well I explained all of that because I feel like I'm in the same predicament now. Its almost daily (I've slowed down in the past week) that I call or walk over to our scholarships office to look for this "list" that is usually available by the first week in july to find out whether my name was among the 10 people selected for this financial honor... anything sounding vaguely familiar??

I'm thinking I'll count this a loss and stop the stalking. Like relationships, [as I was reminded in the movie- He's Just Not That Into You] if I was chosen, regardless of where I am, there is some way for them to find me, ESPECIALLY since we work within the same office building...

although I was selected for Bride of the Month in April 2008 and the illustrious award was given to the 2nd choice because I was unavailable...ugh. anyhoo, lets not go there. that's a bad place I don't want to visit...

smooches

No comments:

Post a Comment