Thursday, July 5, 2012

Grateful that His love endures forever!

I have been following another blog and last week they started a challenge: 21 Days of Gratitude. For whatever reason, I haven't officially committed to this challenge but because I have read the daily posts, I have been keenly aware (and convicted) every time I open my mouth to complain. It has been a very interesting struggle within my mind. In all honesty, I love it. As I mentioned before, I embrace growth, even though it often hurts and I am really looking forward to a more grateful me.

Now, as with most things in life, the events tend to overlap. My bible reading a couple days ago was from Psalm 136, here are the first 5 verses..

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!
His faithful love endures forever.
Give thanks to the God of gods.
His faithful love endures forever.
Give thanks to the Lord of lords.
His faithful love endures forever.
Give thanks to him who alone does mighty miracles.
His faithful love endures forever.
Give thanks to him who made the heavens so skillfully.
His faithful love endures forever.

As I read this, I couldn't help but notice how the Psalmist was doing a couple things- first, he recognized and thanked God for who He is and what He has done and then, almost as a reminder, but most likely as a 'chorus' for a song, he then stated that "His faithful love endures forever".

The Psalm goes on for 26 verses and as I came to the end, I thought, I could personalize this. So today, I'm here to share and encourage you to find another reason to thank God!


  • I give thanks to the Lord that I am privileged to experience life with all five senses (thanks Schantal). His faithful love endures forever.
  • I give thanks to the Lord for a cadre of supportive family and friends who make life meaningful and exciting. His faithful love endures forever.
  • I give thanks to the Lord for freedom: of speech, of worship, and of thought. I can publicly do this without recourse. His faithful love endures forever.
  • I give thanks to the Lord that even if I didn't have this freedom of worship, and if I were to be punished with death for declaring His praises that there is a home for me in Heaven with Him! His faithful love endures forever.
  • I give thanks to the Lord for health, breath, and daily bread. His faithful love endures forever.
  • I give thanks to the Lord for my husband, who not only loves but also supports me. His faithful love endures forever.
  • I give thanks to the Lord for making me - me!...and completely loving me as He made me. His faithful love endures forever.


I could go on and on and on but I'll end just how the Psalmist ended...

I give thanks to the God of Heaven because His faithful love endures forever!!!

Grace, peace and love,
Gia

2 comments:

  1. Thanks be to the Lord for Gia, for her kindness, growth, love, generosity, and purpose. His faithful love endures forever!

    ReplyDelete