Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Timothy Education Bahamas

For those of you who follow this blog, you would have heard my excitement about Timothy Education Project (if not, check out here and here and even here!). I travelled to Guyana in August 2012 for the launch of the first cohort. Because of Miss Daelyn Grace and her arrival this summer, I couldn't travel with the team to Guyana this year. :( However, I've promised myself, the team, and the Guyanese kids that I will be back so I'm looking forward to when that will be a reality.

Aside from my involvement with team Guyana, I've also talked about starting a Timothy Bahamas. I knew it felt right from the very beginning but couldn't see at all how it fit in with my big dream of Homes of Hope and refused to commit or over-commit myself. I just can't be that careless when the crux of both projects revolves around people...children and their future.

A couple weeks ago, I had a friend revive the dream of Timothy Bahamas and as I prayed about it, I got the revelation about how they are connected and can work together, rather than what I initially thought was 2 completely different projects.

With this in mind, I'm now recruiting for volunteers for Timothy Education Project Bahamas. In the next month, I'll be seeking counsel on identifying the target group, most likely using geographical location (eg target children will be from one are, eg Yellow Elder). Then in January, we'll begin monthly planning meetings. I'll need a multitude of individuals with expertise in many areas: administration, marketing, social media, project management/development, mentoring, tutoring, fundraising, and the list goes on.

First task after identifying the area, would be for us to begin process of finding 25 kids who meet criteria and interviewing them and their families. Then or simultaneously, we can jump in full force with finding companies and organizations to partner with for fundraising of all that we will need for these kids (backpacks, books, school supplies, school uniforms, toiletries, etc).

Its a huge project, the weight of which is ever before me. BUT it is a worthwhile project and so needed to building and restoring hope to the next generation of Bahamians.

Will you join us? 

If you are interested in volunteering, please email me at giavana.jones@gmail.com. Note that you do not need to be physically in New Providence to assist. Nor do you need to be Bahamian. There are tons of ways people with a heart for youth and community can be integral in the success of the project. If you aren't sure, but want more information, definitely check out the links above. You can also go directly to the source www.wonbyoneworld.org or use the online application here. 

This is yet one other opportunity for you to be the change you want to see in the world!

Grace peace and love,
Gia


No comments:

Post a Comment