Tuesday, November 5, 2013

who's excited?!?!

Our praise and worship leader at church is now famous for this question. Although the response...her response is what's EPIC, the question is asked and the response is.....(wait for it).....

I AM!! 
(With the biggest grin you can find anywhere!)


Now I'll be honest, it's been a great year for me...an even greater 3 months with our princess but even with all this, I've managed to allow one situation in particular, to consistently poke a hole and allow my joy to seep out. That is being car-less. Feeling like my independence has been stripped from me. So I've been lamenting and brooding and just being sour in regards to this. The process of finding the car was delayed, then took longer than usual (once we actually got started looking). The transportation of the car (from US to Nassau) was delayed (its now almost 4 weeks since car was purchased) and now...now that the car is actually here -in the country- it's now day 3 and I still don't "possess" it. Yet another delay.

BUT and here's what I FINALLY figured out yesterday, despite the months of waiting, looking, moaning. Despite the fact that I've returned to "work", where transportation is required...despite every scenario I can present. Each time, it's worked out. Definitely not in the way I prefer, i.e. my OWN car---- but once again I see the strength of my support system where friends, family and even colleagues have rallied to assist when/where they could. I see this as, the grace and faithfulness of God.

How bout that??

However, instead of each afternoon being grateful for what was provided each day-I often mumbled some more...totally missing the opportunity for gratitude.

So this morning, it was something else, something totally unrelated to the car situation that reminded me that I should still be excited with anticipation for good news. And it was then that I realized or more accurately, was reminded of what really matters.

So today, I AM EXCITED!! But ironically this excitement has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that this evening when I come back home, a new car *could* be parked in our driveway but the fact that I'm alive, I know my purpose and I can do something today to bring me one step to fulfilling/living fully in that!!


Are you excited? Maybe to get excited again, like me, it may require shifting focus from the small and maybe insignificant. It may require revisiting the big picture. It may mean setting new goals so you have something to be excited about. Also, be sure to do inventory and find what may be sapping your joy. Life's too short and we only live once. :D

Grace peace and love,
Gia

No comments:

Post a Comment