Monday, October 22, 2012

SHAPE

About 10 years ago (or more), I read The Purpose-Driven Life. It spoke to me..and although I can't remember quotes or even the chapters, the one thing I often think about is the acronym SHAPE. I wouldn't lie to to you to say that I remembered exactly what each of those letters meant but I always remembered the general idea...I was made, divinely designed to fulfill a particular purpose and if I paid enough attention, this would be really obvious in the topics and things that I am interested in, my talents and even to some extent through my experiences.

From purposedriven.com, here is what the SHAPE acronym stands for:


  • Spiritual Gifts: A set of special abilities that God has given you to share his love and serve others.
  • Heart: The special passions God has given you so that you can glorify him on earth.
  • Abilities: The set of talents that God gave you when you were born, which he also wants you to use to make an impact for him.
  • Personality: The special way God wired you to navigate life and fulfill your unique Kingdom purpose.
  • Experiences: Those parts of your past, both positive and painful, that God intends to use in great ways.

Yesterday my Pastor's message was pretty much about this, without using this language. (Once the video is available, I'll upload it for those who are interested. I don't want to go into too much detail about it.)  The thing is, I feel like I've been hit over the head over and over with this theme for this entire year...

from The Purpose Driven Life Shaped to Serve series (Robert Johnson)


I know what my SHAPE is....have you figured out what yours is?

Grace peace and love,
Gia

No comments:

Post a Comment