Monday, December 9, 2013

living full...

living life to the fullest...so that I can die empty.

If you've followed my blog, you would have seen me reference this before. Dr. Myles Munroe has made a similar statement many times and it is him to whom I credit this goal of mine.

But I'm not talking about me today so much. But another revolutionary. A model of being the change. Mr Nelson 'Mandiba' Mandela.

I'll admit. I've never been big on world stuff. politics. events. anything. I barely find the interest for local politics and events. But, being the passion driven woman that I am. I am attracted to purposeful, passionate people. I may not study their lives, but I do take note and on Thursday, I with many others around the world, mourned the loss of Mr Mandela.

I said "oh nooooo" but immediately after that, I smiled and thought to myself:

there's a man that died empty.



And I rejoiced...not for his death, but for the amazing, radical life he lived.

He WAS the change he wanted to see in the world.

He lived with resolute purpose and unyielding passion.

He is a model for any and all of us who want to do the same.


And so I say Rest in Peace Mr Mandela. I'm honoured to be a part of the generation that saw first hand all you did for humanity.

I commit to live so that what he [and many others] fought for, was not in vain.

Grace peace and love,
Gia


No comments:

Post a Comment