Monday, May 6, 2013

babymoon

That's apparently what vacation before a baby (during pregnancy) is called.

So apparently, that's what we just took. It was lovely. Rest and blessed are my reflection words from this past week.

It started out two weekends ago with a trip to Kansas City to visit the in-laws. Wish I took pics to show but it was an overall nice time. Hubby got some past due quality time with his dad and sister (and step mom) and I got some no-work, no-internship, no-dissertation, no-any-kind-of-responsibilities time.

What did I do? Other than spending time with the in-laws, eating and a bit of shopping, I got enough time to become fully acquainted with all those cloth diapers that was gifted to me (last week's post). I figured out (well, I think) how to use them, got some sense of what else is needed and then somewhat created a plan of action for this new adventure! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm nervous yet excited about it.


On the final day, we ventured outdoors, it was literally the first time in 4 days, that I left the property. And what girl can't appreciate this- we went shopping and we got a ton of goodies for the little miss from her grandparents. So much so, that it is imperative now (with all the gifts thus far) to take inventory so that any future baby gift selections are not giving me toooo much of the same thing. I think I've officially got enough receiving blankets.

On Wednesday, we jet-setted to Eastern USA and spent another 3 days, this time just the two (or three) of us. What I was hoping to be more of a chance to be tourist in the US capital city, didn't quite pan out but no disappointment here. There is always another opportunity. Besides, I've got an awesome group of women that live in the area who I love getting together with, so that's always a bonus when visiting that part of town.  The highlight of this part of the babymoon other than some awesomely cool deals and alone time with hubby...was the maternity shoot. One of those awesome women I was talking about is a photographer and we got to spent 2ish hours with her. It was a blast.
It was also cool that the location she selected was in the park between the Capital building and the other monument...on the National Mall. Up until now, I'd only seen these major landmarks on tv. uber cool indeed. (pictured above. not mine)

All of the photos from the shoot aren't up yet but the "teaser" is....take a look. Maternity Shoot with Valerie


Grace peace and love,
Gia

No comments:

Post a Comment