Monday, May 20, 2013

Agape

The word love is definitely overused. Part of the problem is because the English language is so limited, that we decided we only needed one word, love, to explain at least four different types of love.

I came to thinking of this love as I embraced the excitement, attention, and love that my fur-baby poured on me when I came home from church one evening. Now I should say- the dog is "crazy". I can be away for an hour and upon my return, you'd think I was gone for 24 hrs. The same is with guests and strangers alike. He just goes beserk. He's just that high-strung (according to the vet) and absolutely loveable (according to me).

Well as I talk to him, yes, I'm talking to the dog...I realize that its almost 10 pm and he had not yet eaten. No the dog didn't tell me that, but hubby confirmed it for me. It dawned on me, that although Ari had not been fed, although he was locked out of the room and technically being "ignored"...although he may not have gotten sufficient exercise for that day, nor sufficient attention- that his "love" for his masters was unyielding. Although we've never mistreated him, I'm sure if we were too, that he would still be faithful to us. And at this point in my thinking I realized...wow.



Isn't that God's love. I don't always spend time with Him. I don't always spend time in His word. I sometimes ignore his nudgings. I definitely don't always get it right..as it relates to his guidelines for living...yet still He loves. And the crazy thing is, He loves when I'm in the state of rebellion and ignoring Him, as much as He loves when I'm "checking" for him. His love never fails. He (His love) is faithful. I can't go anywhere to escape His love.

That alone makes me squeal inside like a little kid. Oh, what manner of love is this that the Father has given to me!!!!!!!

Go forth today embracing, relishing, abounding in the love of the Father.

Grace peace and love,
Gia

No comments:

Post a Comment