Monday, April 29, 2013

Every need...

Every need is provided for!

That's the one thing I can always be sure of. So much so, if I was a betting lady- I'd have to always put all the cash/chips on God! :))


You may be a bit confused as to what this picture is and how it has to do with betting...well these are what I received in the mail from a dear friend and well, it has nothing to do with betting but all to do with needs being met.

What you are looking at is +$500 worth of cloth diapers that I received for the lil missus who will be making her debut in a couple months. I'm not a very "green" person but I do believe in taking care of the space I occupy (not littering, using reusable water bottles, turning off lights...you get the picture). Well my interest in cloth diapering actually has less to do with that, as it does with exploring options and saving money.

If you've learned anything from me in my ramblings, I do not like being boxed in. I like knowing what's out there and exploring. Its okay if something works for you, but the older I get the more I feel the need to make conscious decisions about whether that "something" will work for me too! After my friend (the one who gifted these) mentioned she was doing this for her son 3 years ago- my interest was piqued. ***by the way, birthday shout out to her!!!!! :blows horns and whistles: Happy bday Ro***

Now that my time has come-I'm about 98.9% certain. I'm leaving the 1% because I realize that as much as I want this to work, there are some considerations that I will be faced with and who knows. At the end of the day though- I would have tried and to that, I'm proud of myself! :) Anyway enough of the sopa box rambling...


I know everyone thinks I'm crazy with wanting to cloth diaper (despite all the benefits) and I know even my husband still has his eyebrows raised because of the initial cost to get the amount of diapers that I need ($500-700) and the extra work...but then I get this email last week and as you can see, we probably won't have to buy not one diaper. I will however, get a couple of the inserts (flat white things in the upper left corner @ about $5 each).

Here's the kicker-  if this method works for baby, we literally would have spent no more than $100ish on diapering for our child. And that's from birth through potty training. woot woot. can I get a happy dance here?

The only thing I need to be aware of is that apparently just like pampers, some parents have better use with a particular brand. so I'm praying earnestly that this brand works like a charm with her, so I won't have to invest too much more in testing and adding other brands to the collection

I'm so excited. This was yet another example of how God is taking care of us...even in the small things.

Remember, God has no hands or feet but ours. I love to quote: Be the change you want to see in the world.  Along that vein: Be the blessing you want to receive.

Grace peace and love,
Gia

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! What a blessing! I'm so happy for you and wish you the best in your cloth diapering journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendra! I need all the well wishes I can get! I'm excited yet really nervous all at once! :-)

      Delete