Monday, December 17, 2012

I will....

Agency, is the term we psychologists use when we refer to human's ability to do something. We have control over our thoughts, words and actions. We are able to effect change. We can (fill in the blank) IF we choose to.

I've been a bit under the weather and it has been a real act of the "wills" to do a lot of things. Of course, I jump on the moments when I feel semi-normal but even in the moments when I don't, I attempt to "push through". Please note: I am aware of my physical limitations and not pushing beyond them.  In Bahamian vernacular- this thing go with sense! 

In any event, this made me think about the "I wills". For me, this past week, it's been, I will:

  • smile through the discomfort (sour face isn't cute on the prettiest of humans)
  • NOT complain (although if asked, I will honestly share)
  • get the list of things done (that could be reasonably done)
  • enjoy time with those I have the opportunity to visit with 
  • rejoice with those who are rejoicing (Yes, just because I feel crappy does not mean that I cannot celebrate others, or celebrate with them!)
  • Bless the Lord.


Yes, I decided that I will make a special effort to praise. After all, it just doesn't come that easy when things are not going well or in my case, if you aren't feeling well.  But as with everything, this is all for a season and through each passing season, circumstance, or experience, my God is still God. He is still good. He is still faithful. His love is still ever so zealous for me. He still watches over me and although He allows trials, sickness and other forms of difficulties, He is still working on my behalf in the background...if I allow Him.

As I reflect over the previous week, I think I did it....I know for one thing, the minute you take your eye off the bad and focus on the good, the bad just seems...less horrible.

Grace peace and love,
Gia

No comments:

Post a Comment