Monday, February 3, 2014

weekend jet setter part 2: count your blessings

this was me + at least another 3 bags,
stroller and car seat!
Thank God for momma!
As I mentioned in part 1, we travelled last weekend. It was a great trip. And thank God for mommy! She was literally a life saver. I wouldn't ever want to travel with an infant alone. Although Daelyn Grace was great (no fussiness) or anything like that, it was quite a bit to keep balanced.

Last week, I talked about the "lesson" I learned from one event of the trip but as I wrote, it caused me to reflect on the trip itself. I couldn't help but to see how many blessings there were wrapped up in that little getaway!

The trip was a blessing in multiple ways.

1.We snagged lovely priced tickets for a direct flight from Nassau to West Palm Beach. Although it was on a particular airline, we had absolutely NO problems (no delays, no cancellations...nothing)! In fact, they gave us multiple graces upon our return as it relates to baggage and such.

2. We got free and comfy housing. Daelyn had an almost-new bassinet to sleep in ($20) and a playpen to hang out and play in (free)...and more toys than she could keep track of. It was just like being at home.


3. We got an SUV rental for the cost of a compact car. I never imagined how much space baby items take up. Add to that a couple bags from shopping and you've got a mid-size SUV looking like we were moving away permanently. :/ I didn't think we'd need more than a regular sedan but once again...thanks to mommy's suggestion, we were comfortable for the 4 days we were there.



mommy, me & Daelyn Grace on the plane.
she apparently was not pleased
with the camera in her face.
4. I found some really good deals on the couple items that were purchased for me and the lil princess (funny how I'm mrs-shop-til-I-drop, but with a baby, I was like...five minutes in the store and I was done!) The stroller nor cart seemed to keep lil-miss-on-the-move content for too long so after about 20 minutes, there needed to be a change in venue...unless she fell asleep. The best part was innocently walking through aisles, pushing the stroller (or cart) and seeing clothing (and other items) "moving" and not realizing that it was my daughter's doings. 


and the best of all----

5. As you recall from last weekI got the DSM-5 for free. The person who gave me theirs paid almost $200.

Non-financial "blessings":
April & Daelyn Grace at her
 office in North Palm Beach.
6. Got to spend some good time with mommy, Daelyn Grace and April, who is my former roommate. They got to meet, play with, and spend some good time with each other and they became fast friends. :)

7. Got a 200-page manual which will be a great plus for my pre-marital program, One Accord, that I'm preparing to launch in two weeks. The manual accompanied a previous training that I missed and I am just so grateful to have it. It is a wealth of information and resources, that honestly would have probably taken more than 2 weeks for me to compile if I had to do it on my own. side note: I had planned to eventually have something like this- so now I can just add, rather than having to start from scratch! yippeee

8. I got an entire day to network with other professionals. I met some fabulous therapists/mental health professionals and got some great tips for private practice. Those tips are definitely priceless!


I'm sure there are more but I'll stop there. There is an old song I remember and it goes:
Count your blessings name them one by one
Count your blessings see what God has done
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your many blessings see what God has done!


When was the last time you stopped to count your blessings?

Grace, peace, love and blessings to you!

Gia

No comments:

Post a Comment