Monday, July 15, 2013

I painted my toes!!!

slightly swollen feet WITH pretty toes!
Okay, so that's really not much to blog about BUT at 9 months pregnant...feeling like 12 months pregnant (doesn't really exist), I've got to celebrate the small stuff.

At first I was just excited to myself...but then as I thought more about the feat that is bending over and reaching ones toes with about a 6.5lb baby in your belly and said belly hindering every.single.movement....I had to share. :)

You see, just yesterday, while at church we were celebrating. Nothing in particular...just the goodness of God. We declared and reminded ourself that God is GOOD. We danced and jumped and had ourselves a good ole time. Well, "we" is a bit deceptive. I sat and watched and wished....I found myself even getting a bit sad in such a happy, celebratory atmosphere. So, I redirected my disappointment to thank God that I have full use of my feet even though the pressure from the pregnancy made using these feet a bit more cumbersome. I thanked God that I'm having a healthy pregnancy and despite the discomforts and limitations, that I am carrying a life...a miracle indeed. I thanked God that my voice and arms still worked and so with my voice I was able to sing and shout. With my arms, I was able to clap and wave. I continued this until I forgot that I wasn't able to physically "dance" but I was still praising...it turned out to be a half dance. You know the ones you do when you can't actually get up out your seat to bust a move but you are wiggling in your seat? yea - that!

In my reflections, I realized that its human nature to not miss something until its gone...or taken away from us. In this fast paced life, we tend to take most things for granted. Seriously, when was the last time you noticed that your fingers are agile and moving and respond at will for your to hold a pencil/pen, send a text or wave goodbye?

Its my challenge today..and particularly for the rest of this pregnancy (as I experience tons of discomfort) to remember all that I am blessed with...even as I may be slightly limited due to a rapidly growing human alien and uterus to accommodate this little alien! ;)


Grace peace and love (and pretty toes),
Gia

No comments:

Post a Comment