Monday, February 25, 2013

Clarity is powerful!

"If you have a clear picture of what it is you want to do, then the resources are drawn to you."



This, in essence (I reworded), was the comment made to me after a very exciting impromptu meeting/conversation I had with a couple.

Last Thursday, I had a divine encounter. That's the best way to sum it up. I was requested to visit with a couple with whom my husband had recently met. They were impressed with him, heard a bit about me and wanted to get to know me. Well, what I thought was a casual schmoozing kind of meeting, turned into the beginnings of a dream come true!

Essentially, the couple were VERY interested in the Homes of Hope idea and committed to partnering.

  •  Their first commitment was through networking for expertise. They have access to individuals who have first hand knowledge of creating and running "orphanages" and other child-based non-profits and thought it would be a great idea to connect me to them for mentoring and networking purposes.  
  • Secondly, they committed to provide me access  to individuals who have unlimited check books, who may be interested in financially supporting an organization of this nature. (insert happy dance here). Networking for financial support.
  • Thirdly, they were willing to put their money where their mouth was and provide financial assistance necessary to get the organization legally created. Unlike in other parts of the world, starting a non-profit in The Bahamas, is very expensive...well, at least to lil ole me. Also, in comparison to starting a business, it is significantly more costly. Business < $300 while a non-profit > $3,000.
  • Finally, and the one that most impressed me, was their commitment to partner with us. As I mentioned, they have offered their own financial resources, their personal and professional contacts...but also their time.  Both are very interested in taking a hands-on approach, however they can.
Typing about it now (days later), still gives me chills. goose bumps. Can you say my wildest dreams- Someone (or some people) with resources and connections have partnered with me? Only could be God. Did I mention that hubby only met them once and spent less than 2 hours with them before they took this interest? Did I also mention that through this, the only thing they have asked for is: 1. our transparency in the process (fair enough) and 2. that we pay it forward (awesome).

The wife and I spent most of the visit talking because we are really kindred spirits in passions and purpose and her closing statement to me was what I started this blog with.  I have read and repeated multiple times the scripture from Habakkuk 2:2

"And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision and engrave it so plainly upon tablets that everyone who passes may [be able to] read [it easily and quickly] as he hastens by..."

Do you know how long I've had the dream of Mercy House but kept feeling it was...unfinished. Wanting to move forward but just stuck for so many reasons. The most obvious reason was that couple thousand dollars needed to get it established as a non-profit. Now that the vision is "complete"..and Mercy House has found its place within the structure of Homes of Hope, now at this time...the resources and connections are beginning to pour in.  sweet.

So I'm on the run to thoroughly write out this vision. To gain even more clarity as it relates to the components of Homes of Hope and I'm beyond excited!!!  check out the overall structure...Homes of Hope.

Oh! by the way, do you feel stuck? vision is unclear? check out my good friend, Kaylus who is a life coach specializing in clarity coaching.

Grace peace and love,
Gia



4 comments:

  1. Over the weekend and as recent as this morning, I reflected the on your events above and was overjoyed for you and its manifestation.

    As my friend Kim Welcome shared with me, "God honors plans", surely the vision is a plan; a detailed description of the end result.

    This is good. No this is awesome! This is necessary to bring dignity to, show mercy and love to the disenfranchised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. I'm honoured and humbled to carry the burden for and the vision. I am beyond excited to see it manifested!

      Delete
  2. I'm just an email away if you need any technical assistance and/or counseling. reonaldobraynen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesomeness!!!! I love the EPIC support! Thanks Reo

      Delete