Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Girl Time

You always know your passion because strong feelings are invoked when the topic arises.  For me, it seems I'm passionate about so many things...however one particular group which has stuck with me from as long as I remember having a passion- young girls.
http://pinterest.com/giavana81/inspiration/


Of course, this explains Mercy House and It's Girl Time. It's all about me finding ways to connect with, empower and promote wellness and resilience among my younger counterparts.  Because of this, I have a collection of activities, sayings, Bible stories that are all stored up for whenever I get an opportunity to work with this population. I saw this picture and was like "YES!!". It was immediately "liked" and "repinned" on Pinterest. ;)

With that said, I'm excited about a new idea/direction for Girl Time. My pastor suggested it and it literally only took 2 minutes for me to think, process and run with the idea. Details are still very fuzzy at this time, but essentially I would like to have a "conference" for young girls. 


It will be FUN, AFFIRMING and all things PRETTY.

I'm thinking spa sessions and tea time....more details to come soon.  I'm also getting excited that this is something I can market to other youth groups, churches, civic organizations to host for their girls and tweens...who knows. It's definitely within the mandate of Girl Time and a great stepping stone toward achieving the vision of Mercy House.

I love hearing from you, so if you have suggestions for this project or your own, please share in the comments section below.

Grace peace and love,
Gia

No comments:

Post a Comment