Friday, September 21, 2012

Square peg, round hole

I am, for all intents and purposes, a passionate person. When I love, I love hard. I when I hurt, I hurt hard. When I feel....well lets just say, it can be dramatic. As I get older and wiser, I've learned to tone down the drama (emotional) but recently, I've shifted the energy and now in pursuit of the real, meaningful beat of my heart. Pursuing the reason why I was born. The thing that makes me feel alive. I'm clearly not talking about the sexual, romantic, erotic "passion" that is portrayed and dramaticized in pop culture. I'm talking about so much more.

There is no substitute. It is a driving force, a motivator unlike none other. It is God-given. We've all got it...even if we have it locked up somewhere inside of us...It sits, waiting to be unleashed. Sometimes, because we stifle our pursuits or tailor our lives for what is "reasonable" or what is lucrative, we miss out. Simple as that.

At the heart of passion, is purpose and if we are honest with ourselves, at the heart of purpose is our Creator. He made us with a purpose and a calling and He has given us the talents, desires and individual resources to make it happen..or at the very least, we've got an innate DESIRE (passion) to make it happen. Sometimes the other resources are only revealed, when we begin to walk in faith toward it.

What are you passionate about? What makes your heart sing? or What makes you a geek? ;) You know, you can do this (or talk about this) for hours and not feel weary? Not tired, because that's a physical state that shows our humanness..but weary. You know that I'm sooooo tired and drained and near dead that most of us feel when we try to be and do what we weren't made for. square peg in a round hole syndrome.

What were you made to do...are you square? round? star? or even an octagon? :D


Grace peace and love,
Gia

No comments:

Post a Comment