Monday, June 10, 2013

update


That's about me...except I'm not that cute. lol.
I missed last week, not because I was sick but because I was too busy...which I'm almost 99.5% certain is the reason I'm sick. My body has finally said.."ENOUGH!". I don't have much of a runny noise, but I've got an annoying cough and most times I talk, I can't get two sentences out without a mini coughing fit or without the raspy-not-so-sexy hoarse voice. :)

I think we all can relate to the saying "when it rains, it pours". Well, that's been me the past month or so (not the month of June, but the past 4 weeks or more). Its the end of the semester, which means data collection is in full drive. One set of demands.

Its also marks the beginning of the summer period for students, and a part of my internship is assisting with the training for summer youth camp instructors. Those trainings begun about 3 weeks ago and although very fun...its a lot. Did I mention that we have 4 days of training back to back this week? not sure how I'm going to present (while coughing with a raspy voice) but we'll figure something out.

Then to top it all off, we are STILL moving. like seriously? I NEVER imagined this would take this long or be this tedious. I've moved before...a couple times but what I underestimated was moving to a place that was not "move-in" ready. Our new abode is my childhood home, and outside of the flooding that occured almost island wide 3 weeks ago, we also learnt of a leak in the roof and then had an entire week of non-stop rain. Our landlords were gracious to give us an extra week, which is why I'm probably still sane, because if we had to leave as planned for May 31st...well, it would not have been cute.

I know what you are thinking or screaming: SLOW DOWN WOMAN! BUT No need for alarm. Outside of the cold/cough that I've developed, I've been keeping hydrated, resting each night (well when heartburn or acid reflux doesn't keep me up) and overall, I feel good...I'm keeping it balanced. This is just a season. If all goes well, by next Monday's blog post, I should be passed the "moving" and having some fun with getting the nursery set up. I'll also be done with data collection and will be just sorting, organizing, "processing" all the data (which is done at my own pace)and all of the trainings should be done. I say *should* because we may have to add another round..but without the other demands, the workshops/trainings become almost kind of fun. ;)

Before I close, I do want to add, that despite that crazy I feel juggling physical demands- emotionally/psychologically and spiritually, I feel fine. In fact, I feel great.  For the past almost 2 weeks, most mornings I would wake up singing:


I want the joy of the Lord to come now
I want the joy of the Lord to fall now
I want the joy of the Lord in my life

I want the joy of the Lord lift me
I want the joy of the Lord change me
I want the joy of the Lord in my life

Its time I started dancing over all these graves
Its time I gave you all my God the highest place
Its time I lift my voice
and beg for His blessing to fall (Lyrics from eLyrics.net)



What's kept/keeping me....JOY. Wouldn't trade it for the world. I hear joy and I automatically think of that Pageant scene from Coming To America...say it with me...JOY!!!!!

Just in case you don't know what I am talking about....check this out (the JOY comes right before the first minute mark).


Grace peace love and JOY,
Gia

No comments:

Post a Comment